At TBAuctions, we use data as the guiding principle for our online auction platform. We aim to gain a deeper understanding of our key factors and evaluate the effects of modifications. We also strive to predict future trends and use this information to drive improvements and innovation. As a result, working at TBAuctions requires not only technical skills but also strong business acumen and the ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
What you will do
The Data Engineer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft BI solutions to meet our Data requirements. You will apply your knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes, and tools to support our online auctioning platform.
You will collaborate with the product teams in defining and structuring the tables/data we need to ingest. Together with the team, you will define the best structure for our data warehouse. Furthermore, you will work closely together with our Data Analysts as they are highly depend on your contributions to the data models for the data available for them.
In addition, you will have a crucial role in implementing new data initiatives to help us reach our ambitious goals for the future.
What will do you?
- You will bring our data together on all levels and build the new data platform.
- Build an agile, resilient digital infrastructure.
- Together with colleagues, you will evaluate and improve -where needed- the ETL process.
- Make sure the ETL process is implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with our Data Analysts to define the best data structures for their needs and tools.
- Work closely with our product teams to make sure the data we need is available in the right way.
- Set up data structures for various applications like Power BI.
- Work towards new solutions to support our business in the future.
- Share your expertise with colleagues, helping them improve their ability to work with data.
What you will bring
- University Educated with 3-5 years of experience as a Data Engineer, Python Developer, or SQL Developer.
- You can create data pipelines, ingest new data sets, and orchestrate them (preferably using the following methods: Azure Data Factory, Python APIs, or third-party API tools);
- You have experience working with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem (Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage/Data Lake, Azure Devops, Databricks, and Power BI);
- You do not stop by developing a data solution but continue with setting up the monitoring, release pipeline, operation, and automation; simplifying the solution.
- You know how to use data in a commercial environment.
- You are able to share your knowledge with the teams to strengthen their skills and help them in their tasks.
- You have experience with building solutions using dimensional modeling;
- You are an experienced programmer in Python, SQL, and Spark;
- You have strong experience with source control and CI/CD;
Tools that you can use
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure DevOps
What we offer you 🥳
- Independent and varied role within an entrepreneurial and innovative organization
- Salary of 6.000,- - 7.100,-
- Good pension scheme
- Bonus scheme (up to 1 gross monthly salary per year)
- 25 vacation days
- Laptop and iPhone
- Training opportunities
- Working in a team of professionals, where hard work is well combined with humor ✨
This is TBAuctions
Nothing of value should be lost
In a world where overconsumption is a threat, TBAuctions finds it important to extend the life of products as long as possible. So, nothing of value should be lost. Our online intelligent auction platform makes this happen. By using data and a smart system we match supply and demand of used industrial products. Together with our auction brands (Troostwijk Auctions, Klaravik, Auksjonen, British Medical Auctions, PS Auction, Vavato and Epic-Auctions) we bring sustainable trade to a higher level. With buyers and sellers all over the world millions of products are auctioned every year.
Auctioning is trendy and the way to buy and sell. We are fascinated by technology, with a love for user-friendliness and the drive to preserve value. Do you share this drive and do you want to work for a company that has the ambition and the firepower to become the largest online auction platform in Europe? Apply for this vacancy!