Data Engineer (TBAuctions)
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamData
At TBAuctions, we use data as the guiding principle for our online auction platform. We aim to gain a deeper understanding of our key factors and evaluate the effects of modifications. We also strive to predict future trends and use this information to drive improvements and innovation. As a result, working at TB Auctions requires not only technical skills but also strong business acumen and the ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
The Data Engineer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft BI solutions to meet our Data requirements. You will apply your knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support our online auctioning platform.
You will collaborate with the product teams in defining and structuring the tables/data we need to ingest. Together with the team, we will define the best structure for our data warehouse. Furthermore, you will work closely together with our Data Analysts as they highly depend on your contributions to the data models and the data that is available for them.
In addition, you will have a crucial role in implementing new data initiatives to help us reach our ambitious goals for the future.
What will do you?
- Together with colleagues, you will evaluate and improve -where needed- the ETL process.
- You will make sure the ETL process is implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with our Data Analysts to define the best data structures for their needs and tools.
- You will work closely with our product teams to make sure the data we need is available in the right way.
- Set up data structures for various applications like Power BI.
- Work towards new solutions to support our business in the future.
- You share your expertise with colleagues, helping them improve their ability to work with data.
- University Educated with 3-5 years of experience as a Data Engineer, Python Developer or SQL Developer.
- You have experience with building solutions using dimenional modeling.
- You can create data pipelines, ingest new data sets and orchestrate them (preferably using the following methods: Azure Data Factory, Python APIs, or third-party API tools)
- You are an experienced programmer in Python, SQL and Spark.
- You have experience working with the Microsoft Azure eco-system (Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage/Data Lake, Azure Devops, Databricks, and Power BI).
- You do not stop by developing a data solution but also setting up the monitoring, release pipeline, operation and automate and simplify the solution.
- You know how to use data in a commercial environment.
- You are able to share your knowledge with the teams to strengthen their skills and help them in their tasks.
- You have an affinity with E-commerce.
- Able to provide data reports or analyses.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Possess hunger and a big drive for constantly being up-to-date with technology and new features and changes.
- Possess a 'can do - will do' attitude.
- Have a strong interest and passion for growing your own technology skills.
What can you expect?
An independent and exciting position within an entrepreneurial and innovative organization. In addition to an excellent salary, we have a modern package of secondary employment conditions, such as a good pension scheme, 25 vacation days, a laptop, an iPhone, and training opportunities. You will end up in a young team of professionals, where hard work goes well with humor.
If you require supplemental information, please get in touch with Rick Cobussen at firstname.lastname@example.org.