Kotlin Developer (TBAuctions)
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamIT
We are looking for an experienced Kotlin (or interested in moving to Kotlin) developer who is still eager to learn. Someone who gets that being a software developer is also being communicative as well as a teamplayer. You will join our team in Amsterdam and will work for the largest auction house in Europe, with a presence in 16 European countries.
We are in the process of gradually phasing the IT infrastructure to a single distributed, highly scalable, cloud native platform on Azure.
- Single responsibility microservices: Big enough to cover a whole set of functionalities, not too small to end with a distributed monolith;
- Message oriented architecture: No service talks directly to another service;
- Leveraging serverless: Some of the services are not even APIs, but function projects that auto scale on demand using azure functions;
- Continuous delivery: Merge to master and your change is sailing to production;
- Feature flagging: Deploying does not equal releasing, any released feature can be taken back without redeploying the result of changes done in the weekend;
- Infrastructure as code: Everything in our solution is defined in source-controlled files that allow us to alter the architecture in practice as we do in the schemas.
Code wise, we work with Kotlin and Arrow (https://arrow-kt.io/) for a functional-first take on every day problems. If you have a background in Scala, F# or Haskell, you'll find yourself at home here. If you are a clean coder that always wanted to get into functional programming, we certainly hope that we can make that transition as eye opening for you as it's being for us.
This is the backbone for several branded websites and apps (Angular, React, Android, iOS). Best known of which are www.bva-auctions.com (B2C) and www.troostwijkauctions.com (B2B). The websites and apps have more than 5 million visits per month and 80 million views. We are still looking to grow and be a main pan-European player. Are you ready for this challenge?
This is TBAuctions
TBAuctions is Europe’s leading online auction house. Having 400 employees and buyers and sellers all over the world, over 6 million visits per month and 7.400 auctions per year.
We believe that auctioning is completely in the now and the way to buy and sell for the future. Auctioning encourages reuse and extends the life of goods and thus, contributes to more sustainable consumption. It increases transparency and shows the correct market value of a good. It makes world trade accessible to everyone: buyer and seller.
With auctioning, everything of value finds the best way.
Home to trusted international brands, like: Troostwijk Auctions & Valuations, BVA Auctions, Dechow, Karner Dechow, BOG Auctions, Nationale Vastgoedveiling, Notarishuis Arnhem and Van Beusekom.
- A critical thinker, willing to chip in ideas and be part of the decision-making process.
- A clean coder.
- An experienced developer that has either expertise on Kotlin or the ranks to feel sure that you can get into it and use your skills.
- Interested in functional programming.
- Used to continuous integration, code reviews and agile processes.
- Both willing to share knowledge and to learn from your colleagues.
What we offer
- An environment where you can share your ideas and expose them to discussion.
- More than fifty international IT colleagues willing to learn and share knowledge.
- All in-house expertise.
- A generous budget for training and conferences.
- The best tooling available for every task.
- A great salary.
Need more information?
If you have any questions, please mail our CTO Peter den Hollander at email@example.com or just push the apply button.
Dear agencies: please do not use this vacancy to do acquisitions. That is not what we are looking for. Thanks in advance.